I know far too many people skip breakfast, and lately I’ve been one of them and it’s so detrimental to your health and weight loss goals. Breakfast literally breaks your all night fast and gets your metabolism revving and prepares your body for the day ahead. So within an hour of waking, make sure you have something delicious and nutritious to eat. And I don’t mean a bagel and cream cheese (although that’s better than nothing), I’m referring to a good whole meal!
My love makes the best breakfast, which is actually one of the ways he wooed me! (The photo above is one of the many amazing meals he has presented to me!) He would fill the plate with eggs, sliced avocado, cucumber slices with pepper and grape or cherry tomatoes with a little olive oil. Sometimes toast, or half a bagel with a slice of swiss cheese would join the plate, and on really great days, bacon! Obviously, bacon is the least healthy thing on that plate, but a little bacon can be necessary to woo any heart!
Since I’m currently avoiding eggs and bacon for a bit here and some of my current breakfast options are:
– Coconut-Quinoa with fresh berries (1:4 coconut to water)
– Rice Cereal topped with Pure Maple Syrup and unsweetened coconut shreds (I mill brown rice in my Baby Bullet and add it to boiling water, so easy to make)
– Kale, Sweet Potato and Ground Turkey, tossed in a pan with a little olive oil and some sea salt
– Kale, Sweet Potato and shredded Carrots (for the rare days I don’t feel like protein)
– Fruit Smoothies, which include anything I can find in the kitchen! Berries, bananas, avocado, mint, shredded cabbage (not too much or it can be overwhelming), pineapple, coconut water (yeah, I have a lot of coconut!), anything that will blend!
And now, after listing all these options, I’m hungry!